Sunday, July 17, 2011

Deckers, Colorado


Ahhhhhh........ spent a beautiful and relaxing day by the creek near Deckers, Colorado. Deckers is located 22.8 miles from the intersection of Hwy 24 and SH 67 in Woodland Park. The picture above was taken at a rest spot we found located 15.7 miles into the trip. The weather was amazing at 86 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Simply beautiful.

We found our way there after several garage sale stops. I have another remarkable tale of how I found EXACTLY what I was looking for today (this always tickles me!). I had placed an ad on craigslist this morning for fabric scraps for a new craft project. One of the first stops we made today gave me just such fabric. The girl offered me a box full of fat quarters (for quilting - which by the way, I NEVER do!) for a whopping 50 cents! Her husband then said, if you take the fabric, we'll throw in this Pfaff Quilter's Tool Box kit that's just missing the needles. Of course I took it, and did some research when I got home. I found the needles for $3.96 on ebay, ordered them, then placed the kit up for auction. Did I mention that this Tool Box has a value of $259.00??? The girl who gave it to me even told me what the value was but also said, "I'm too lazy to put it on ebay so you can have it and do that if you want". Amazing day.

Oh, this is me by the way (I just love this hat that I found in a little boutique in Manitou Springs!) lovin' life!



No comments:

Post a Comment